Search This Blog

Saturday 29 October 2011

Lemon Basil Oil

This took about 5 minutes including rinsing the hand blender. I am really annoyed that I haven't discovered this sooner, it was hella tasty, much lighter than pesto, very versatile and like 5 ingredients - none of which I had to chop. This would conceivably work with different herbs too, just use whatever you feel like. As the photo shows, I have drizzled this over some pan fried fish in its first use and it was great. I can see this being useful to make garlic bread, mash, salad dressings, to finish meats, to drizzle over barbecued vegetables and finish soup/pastas etc.

1 handful of basil leaves
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Pepper
Rind from 1 lemon
2 or 3 garlic cloves



Blend it all. Use it or store in the fridge for up to 1 week (that's a guess...).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment